Cluster Hiring of Clinical Medicine+X
Cluster Hiring of Clinical Medicine+X
As a top-level comprehensive research university in China, Peking University (PKU) assumes the central mission of cultivating talents that will lead the future, and generate new thoughts, frontier science and future technology that promote the progress of the state and mankind. It always orients its scientific research in a way that takes into account the international frontiers of science sand the state's major strategic demands, and has established itself, with preliminary success as a high-level research center that integrates national fundamental research, high-tech research and medical and health technology research. PKU Is home to a large group of talents, thanks to its effort in cultivating and recruiting many first-class scientists, discipline leaders and innovative teams that stay active at international academic frontiers and satisfy major national strategic demands. With its great academic environment, spirit of free exploration and pursuit of excellence, the campus is attracting more and more talents and is becoming known as a place boasting of a concentration of great masters, generations of renowned scholars as well as high morals.
As its 120th anniversary is about to come, PKU will arrange and construct in particular a "cluster" of several teams for interdisciplinary research, and take the lead to kick off the Cluster Hiring of Clinical Medicine+X. The successful establishment of the cluster relies on the wide range of disciplines available at PKU. It uses clinical needs as its guidance, and breaks down, the cluster will break down disciplinary barriers in a way that emphasizes the fusion, collaboration, and complementation between different disciples, and solve major clinical medicine problems of general interest in such fields as innovative drug, medical technology and biomedical engineering, multi-omics of precision medicine, healthcare Big Data and intelligent healthcare. It will also improve clinical diagnosis and treatment levels. What's more, it will cultivate innovative compound interdisciplinary talents through cross and joint innovative studies between clinical medicine and basic medical science, pharmaceutics, bioscience, engineering, sciences, information science and material science, with the emphasis on interdisciplinary integration, collaborative innovation and complementation of advantages.
Two kinds of people are particularly welcome to apply: scholars with a strong research and teaching record who are engaged in basic studies closely related to clinical medicine and proficient in common key technology and cutting-edge core technology of clinical science; have made dramatic breakthroughs in relevant fields, and are expected to develop innovative theories; physicians who are certified to practice medicine in Mainland China who are very interested in and devoted to basic studies, have made dramatic breakthroughs in relevant fields and established new techniques, theories or doctrines, and are proficient in core theories, projects or central techniques that can lead the development of relevant medical sectors. We're sincerely inviting famous scholars, academic leaders, and promising young scholars in various interdisciplinary areas to join us.
The applicant should have obtained a doctor degree in relevant fields, has had a solid research foundation and outstanding research findings in said fields and great potential for being an excellent teacher and tutor, and is also an excellent team player in interdisciplinary collaboration. For more details, please refer to Job Description on the recruiting website.
PKU will place the successful applicant in a proper position, at PKU, PUHSC or an affiliated hospital according to his academic background, research interest and teaching plan, and provide him with competitive post salary, sufficient start-up fund, necessary laboratory and office space and other support. During the employment, PKU will evaluate the professional development capacity and potential of those teachers and provide them with the best opportunities and approaches of vocational development in line with international conventions and common practices in the academic circles.
All positions will remain open until filled. Application materials should include a resume, 3 letters of recommendations from peer experts, the statement of research and teaching plan and other proof materials. For more details, please refer to the recruiting website (http://xkb.pku.edu.cn/).
Contact of PKU: Xiaopeng Liu, Tel: 86-10-62755591, Email: email@example.com
Contact of PUHSC: Yuan Cao, Tel: 86-10-82805626, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I. Interested candidates
- Scholars with a strong research and teaching record
1. High-level professors and research fellow with a senior title: have world-class and prospective view of medical development and world first-class research achievements, technology, methods or relevant resources, are capable of leading disciplinary researches, and can facilitate the joint progress of clinical medicine, pharmaceutics and relevant disciplines; are engaged in basic studies closely related to clinical medicine, and proficient in common key technology and cutting-edge core technology needed in clinical medicine; have made dramatic breakthroughs in relevant fields, and are expected to develop innovative theories; and can work at PKU in a full-time manner. Priority is given to those who focus their studies on areas that combine the international trends in clinical medicine with China's major needs in medical sectors.
2. High-level young scholars: have graduated with a doctor degree from a university famous at home and abroad, and have 3 or more years of experience in scientific research overseas (This requirement can be negotiated for applicants who have graduated with a doctor degree from a foreign university and obtained outstanding achievements); have had outstanding research findings or have the potential of being an academic or technological foregoer in their respective disciplinary field; and can work at PKU in a full-time manner.
- Physicians who are certified to practice medicine in Mainland China
Are very interested in and devoted to basic studies and proficient in core theories, projects or core techniques that can lead the development of relevant fields; and have made breakthroughs in relevant fields and established new techniques, theories or doctrines.
- Quantity: 5-10 people
II. Talent support policies
- PKU or the affiliated hospital actively provides sufficient post salary, teaching and scientific research space and other resources, and flexible evaluation methods, and the employee's organizational affiliation belongs to relevant department, school or clinical hospital.
- Salaries: PKU provides a competitive basic yearly salary, and the hospital provides additional stipends.
- Start-up fund and office conditions: PKU and the hospital jointly provide start-up funds for scientific research and laboratory and office space so as to ensure the employee is engaged in cutting-edge research.
- Welfare security: Preferential treatments available in terms of housing and children's schooling.